Wednesday, March 21, 2012

NOTD Zoya Barbie with Zoya Chloe

Hi everyone! So yesterday I was in the mood for pink nail polish, I looked in my stash and decided to give Zoya Barbie a try. I've wanted to try Barbie for a while. It's a beautiful bubblegum pink with a hint of iridescent shimmer. The color is great, the formula is another story. I was not happy with this formula at all. Barbie is a little sheer but the formula is thick and goes on streaky and uneven. I had to use three coats for full coverage. In pictures, Barbie looks similar to OPI Pink Friday but they are not dupes.










Then I decided to add a coat of Zoya Chloe on top. After that, I added a coat of Zoya Armor and my quick dry drops. It took forever to dry. I waited over two hours, then went to bed. This morning I woke up and had some sheet marks on some of my nails! I was so mad! My Zoya Armor and Barbie just took forever to dry! I really like the color so I'll give it another shot and next time I'll use Out the Door top coat to see if that makes a difference. Here's Barbie with Chloe on top:









So I love the combination! This mani looks better in person, there's alot of overcast today in my area so I couldn't get pics in the sun. But applying Barbie and it's dry time were a little annoying. Like I said, I'll give it another shot. Thanks for reading and checking out my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I really love the color but I am so less tolerant then you. If I don't get along with the formula - I don't use it again. End of story LOL
    I think I will give OPI pink Friday a better chance ;-)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete