Sunday, January 29, 2012

NOTD Zoya Anja and Nimue funky french!!

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great weekend! So I actually did this NOTD on Friday. I wanted to try something different using some Zoya polishes. I love their Smoke & Mirrors collection from Fall 2011 so I used Anja and Nimue. Both are gorgeous colors with great formulas. Anja is opaque and creamy, and Nimue is pretty smooth and opaque for a frost. Here is Anja on my left hand which is a pretty dark red/maroon, 2 coats:



And here is Nimue on my right hand which is a smokey purple frost, 2 coats:



So I applied two coats of each and let it dry. Then I took some scotch tape and placed the sticky side on my palm to take alot of the stickiness out. Then I applied the tape onto my nail, applied polish and removed the tape right away. You don't want the polish to dry while the tape is on the nail. And here are the results:









It's not perfect but this was my first successful mani using tape for the design! I will make a video tutorial next time. I'm very happy with the results! I just have to keep practicing to get cleaner lines. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment