Friday, January 6, 2012

NOTD Mac Plasma Blu with Essie Shine of the Times

Hey everyone! So I finally changed my nails last night and not because I had to because the Deborah Lippmann Edge of Glory mani had not chipped or anything since Monday! I was just in the mood to paint my nails. I know I have plenty of new nail polishes to wear and photograph but I went with another old polish that I haven't worn in forever. I wanted to wear a bright shiny blue, I chose MAC Plasma Blu which is a turqoise pearlized blue. This limited edition color was part of the Neo Sci Fi collection which was released in summer 2008 back when MAC polishes were $10.00.... now they are $15.00 which is why I haven't bought a MAC polish in a long time! I now remember why I haven't worn this in a long time... I hate the formula! This polish is so thin, sheer and streaky that I needed almost 4 coats just for it to be opaque. I stopped at 3 coats:






  
I used to wear this color alot during the summer because it is a gorgeous color, I just wish the formula was better. This also looks amazing on toes! I have alot of MAC polishes that I haven't photographed so expect to see alot of them on my blog as I will be revisiting them as well as many other polishes I haven't worn in a long time. Anyway, I followed this polish with one coat of Essie Shine of the Times. I'm so happy that flakies are popular again!









I love this combo! It's like I have mermaid nails! Essie Shine of the Times is an awesome flakie topcoat. It is more packed with flakies than Nubar 2010 which I also have. I will also be reviewing the Finger Paints effects flakies as well. Well, as always thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment