Monday, April 16, 2012

NOTD OPI I Have a Herring Problem

Hi everyone! My weekend was a bit hectic, my fiance' was very sick so I was taking care of him. He's feeling a little better now. I was able to do my nails last night and I wanted to try something different but still use blue for autism awareness month. I decided on OPI I Have a Herring Problem from the Spring 2012 Holland Collection which is a dusty, muted blue with silver shimmer. I really like this color! In the bottle it looks pretty gloomy, but on the nail I love it! The formula is pretty good, I used 2 coats but I could have used three. It's slightly thinner than I thought but nothing horrible. Here's two coats:







This is one of those blues that looks more gray in certain light and than more blue in other light. I wanted to do a design on my nail so I did a chevron tip using Sephora by OPI Blue Grotto which is a gorgeous blue cream. Blue Grotto came out in 2009 so I'm not 100% sure if Sephora still carries this color, but it is a very dupable blue. I have done chevron nails in the past using scotch tape, but I did these freehand. It was so much faster and I'm pretty happy with the results. I leaned both hands on the table so they would be steady while I did the design.













I am really happy on how these turned out, they weren't perfect but that's what practice is for. What do you guys think of the color combo? Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment