Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Julie G Frosted Gum Drops Holiday collection 2013 review and swatches!!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the holidays so far! Today I have a full review and swatches of the 2013 Julie G Frosted gum Drops Holiday collection. So a couple of weeks ago I was in Rite Aid and I found a display for the Julie G holiday collection. They were $3.99 each and I get 10% off with my rite aid rewards card. So I picked up all six colors!

So these are textured nail polishes. You don't use a top coat and they dry to a textured matte finish. As many of you already know, I loooooove textured polishes! I just think they look so cool!! So here they are:
First we have Ho Ho Ho! The name makes me giggle! Ho Ho Ho is a sparkly bright red. The formula was pretty easy to work with. Textured polishes are a little on the thicker side. The brushes on these are short and dense so it's easy to get coverage. This is two coats.



Up next we have Sleigh Ride which is a pretty sparkly blue. I'm a sucker for blue polish and this one is no exception.  This was actually the only color that stained my nails after I removed it. That doesn't really bother me though. This is two coats:

 
The next color I have is Mistletoe. This is a gorgeous dark green polish. Looks like emeralds on my fingertips!! This is two coats:




The next color I have is Gift of Gold. This is exactly as it sounds, it's a gift of gold! This is pretty but it's slightly more yellow on me than it looked in the bottle. This is two coats:


The next color I have for you is Silver Bells which is a pretty silver but not as sparkly as the others. That surprised me because I thought Silver Bells would be extra sparkly. This is two coats:


And last but not least, here is Sugar Plum Fairy which is a dark sparkly purple. This was very sparkly and I received a lot of compliments on it. For some reason though, this was the thickest formula. It was a little too thick and I had trouble spreading it onto my nail. Here is two coats:



So I used OPI Natural nail base coat for all of these and no top coat of course. These all lasted about 4 days until they started chipping and that's great for no top coat except for Sugar Plum Fairy which chipped the very next day but I think it was because of working so much with my hands! I really like this collection. I love textured polishes! I love the look and feel of them and I love that I don't need a top coat. These Julie G textured polishes are pretty similar to the Zoya Pixie polishes. I'm working on a comparison post. So if you can't get the Zoya polishes, you can go to your local Rite Aid and pick these up for $3.99 each. I hope they make more frosted gum drop collections! I love these. I hope this review was helpful. Thanks for reading and checking out my blog!!

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to reading your comparison . . I got the gold and green . . just kept thinking the others were too similar to opi sand and nopi gum drops

    ReplyDelete